16 January 2009

:: meet alex ::

I love new clients! I have to admit, I get really nervous before any session (you'd think the whole nervous thing would have stopped once I got 10, 20 or 30 sessions under my belt but it hasn't) but I'm even more nervous before a session with a new family. I always want people to feel comfortable and relaxed. My sessions aren't timed so I try to make sure to give plenty of time for the kids (and parents) to warm up.

Well, my nerves were put to rest when I actually met Alex and his family. After giving him a little time to warm up (with a little help from dad singing some Wiggles and various other songs), we had an awesome session. Laughing, dancing, singing ... we had it all. By the time they left I was getting "high-fives" from him. He did GREAT! And to top it all off, his big sister was sitting on my lap by the end while I talked to mom. This is why I love photography. It lets me meet really cool families that I otherwise wouldn't have the chance to.

So thank you to Alex and his family ... I hope you enjoy all your images!!

Special thank you to Bella for showing little brother that having your picture taken wasn't all bad.









No comments: